About Our Company
Cargo Handling at its Best, "By the Best"
- Continental Terminals Inc. was the first company in the Port of NY to recondition coffee under the auspices of the Food and Drug Administration.
- We hold a certification with the NYBOT/ICE commodity exchange for the storage, sampling, and weighing of coffee.
- Continental Terminals Inc. is a certified weigh-master and sampler for coffee by NYBOT/ICE.
- Continental Terminals Inc. is certified by QAI as a handler and processor of Organic Coffee.
- Continental Terminals Inc. is the largest handler of Specialty Coffee in U.S.
- Continental Terminals Inc. (NJ) operates a Blending Operation that blends in excess of 1.5 Million Pounds of Coffee per week for a large coffee manufacturer.
- Continental Terminals Inc. was the first facility in U.S. to handle break-bulk coffee directly into warehouse.
Some of Our Achievements
|1985 – 1989 Primary warehouse for Maxwell House Hoboken NJ Plant. Provided bulk loading of coffee and transportation to their plant.|
|1985 – Present Expansion into Port of Miami. Serviced Nestle, New Orleans and Maxwell House, Jacksonville with Central American Coffees.|
|1989 – 1999 Primary warehouse for Nestle Beverage Co., Suffolk VA Plant. Provided transportation and warehousing for all coffee used in the Suffolk Plant. Supplied labor to operate receiving lines at Suffolk Plant.|
|1989 – Present Provide Supersacking services for Nestle Confectionery (Cocoa) from our New Jersey and Virginia Locations.|
|1992 Expansion into Port of Laredo.|
|1998 Expansion into Port of Houston|
|1998 – 2000 Primary Warehouse for Nestle Beverage Co. Tea. Provided transportation and warehousing for all tea used in the New Jersey Plant.|
2002 – Present
Continental Terminals Inc. is committed to protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we operate. As a global socially responsible corporate citizen, we shall conduct our business with the highest applicable legal and ethical standards and shall strive to contribute to economic development and environmental protection, while seeking to improve the quality of life for our employees, families, and communities. We will:
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Strive to reduce environmental impact and conserve natural resources by minimizing waste and emissions, reusing and recycling materials, and responsibly managing energy use.
- Encourage our employees to take personal accountability for working toward creating a safe and healthy workplace.